Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A blog! Well here we go with the first post. You know I have been intending to start this for quite some time now. But 2005 was just so overwhelming on so many levels. It even seemed to have consumed some of 2006.

Or maybe I am just on Chinese New Year. Hey! I like that idea. I am not a month behind; I am just on a different calendar than most of you. Anyway the whole idea behind this blog is to try to keep me focused on doing my art. Does that sound a little pretentious? I am not sure. Perhaps it is like putting on a new pair of shoes, it just takes a while for them to become comfy.

The work. I was going through journal quilts and taking pictures anyway. Below is a picture of a piece.

This started out life as I was drawing a nude in my journal from one of my drawing books or magazines. As I was drawing the back of this woman I began to think of some of the old movies where the leading lady always wore these sumptuous gowns. Breakfast at Tiffany’s comes to mind. Since I was looking for something to make for that month for my journal quilts, she came into existence. Unfortunately, she did not make my cut to be included with the other journals that were submitted to Houston. There is something about her that I really like. So much so that I am thinking of doing a series! Now there is something that I have never done before.

Watch this spot. I promise more.

“He's no failure. He's not dead yet.”-- William Lloyd George

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice - Indeed!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job lady!!!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this design. I think you MUST go for a series...make the next one a blonde in black :-)

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, I'm not having very much luck posting to your blog. But I'm at it again - lol.
MJ

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I know how to do this - here goes with my comments!
She is beautiful! You have so much talent and pure imagination...a true artist to say the least!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home