Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

Through with the Flu

First I want to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to look at this new blog. And for those of you who have left comments, well thank you hardly seems like enough. It means so much to know that I am not out here talking to myself. You know I hear that they put people in nice padded rooms when they talk to themselves.

Secondly, I really had intended on posting on Wednesday, but someone brought the flu home. The worst part is that they shared it with me!!! ICK!!

While I lay in bed sleeping and feeling horrid, I dreamed of all the things that I want to do. I had the basic idea of what I wanted to do for my January journal quilt, but the whole thing seemed to come into sharp focus as I slept. February’s design came without much thought at all. When I finally felt like sitting up in bed I managed to finish both sketches. I have since decided to make a minor modification to February. The sad part is that the rules of this game say that I can’t share this stuff with you until they are on display in Houston the first of November.

But after thinking about it a bit I realized that there is nothing against showing you the raw materials that will go into each piece.






Probably the only thing that I am unsure of here is the floss. I think I will take a trip and see if I can’t find some silks in some better colors. While I really like the browns, I wish the red/burgundy leaned more toward plum. Yes that is paint in the picture; I will be painting the white fabric in the shot.





This color pallet really speaks to me. Sorry there is nothing here but fabric but the design for this one really doesn’t need anything more.

Nothing left now but the doing. With a little determination I should have them done by the end of the weekend.

"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."- Harvey Mackay

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I can't wait until November, too bad you can keep secrets. I bet they are going to be great. So when you are done with those, are you going to start on the series for the women? Yea, that would be nice to see more from you on those. Hopefully more than 2...

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She forgot to tell who brought home the flu! I did apologize though.

MD

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home