Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Something Out of Nothing

Ever have one of those days where for every one thing that you attempt you discover that there is a bunch of steps that you have to go thought to get the one thing done? I had one of those days yesterday. My intent was to put a post on the blog of the April 2005 Journal quilt. I sat down at the computer with my requisite cup of coffee and lots of ideas of things that I wanted to say. Then I reached above my monitor to grab the CD with all the image of the 2005 Journals and it wasn’t there.

You know what happens next. You start the search. Hours later and still there was no CD. Finally, after tormenting myself most of the day, someone mentioned that they just had to have a jewel case and had taken the very one that I was looking for and stashed the CD in a book where it would be safe. Well it was safe, but my mood was ruined.

Maybe it is appropriate that this piece is about making do and about making something out of nothing. This is the statement that I wrote about this piece: “I was digging through my scrap bin and started playing with some tiny bits of fabric that I could not bear to part with. The next thing I knew I was cobbling them together, in order to “do” something with them. This one really makes me smile.”

It always makes me smile when I am able to accomplish the tasks that I set for myself.

Providence has hidden a charm in difficult undertakings, which is appreciated only by those who dare to grapple with them. —Anne-Sophie Swetchine

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda on your Journal Quilts acheivement!

The more I learn about you, the more successes I see in your life.

Charge on; I'm rooting for you!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home