Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

The champagne bottles have all been upended in the pursuit of marking the passage of one year into another. Auld Lang Syne was dutifully sung, and the merry makers of a few hours ago are quietly slumbering in various and some unusual locations around the house.

Yet try as I would I was not able to sleep for more than a couple of short hours. This day holds too much promise for me and I find that I don’t want to let these first precious hours slip away unnoticed. So I put the coffee on and while the others slept I watched the sun rise. Well sort of anyway. It is overcast and rainy here so instead of anything brilliant it was more like watching the sky turn to a lighter shade of gray. But courtesy of FreeFoto I am able to share the type of sunrise that I imagine for this New Year.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility. —Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home