Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

City Scape

Please tell me that today is Friday! Well it feels like it ought to be. This has turned out to be a long week and even though I have been busy, I haven’t been able to pursue the things that I really wanted to. Perhaps I will get that chance over the weekend. I have my fingers crossed.

I have been dreaming a lot lately about living in a loft downtown. I used to work downtown and I miss the hustle and bustle and the myriad of things to do. Suburbia stinks. So when I did this piece it was to serve two purposes… the first as a sort of look back to the time that I had once spent there and secondly as a look forward towards the hope of being able to enjoy the city once more.

If you would be known, and not know, vegetate in a village; If you would know, and not be known, live in a city. —Charles Caleb Colton

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am like you I once worked downtown in the Civic Opera Building and on Michigan Avenue by the Buckingham Fountain and loved it. I still dream of the loft I almost purchased but fell in love with a guy in the burbs.

I am unable to choose an identity so I am using anonymous but I am Debbi at
http://dubiquilts.blogspot.com
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say your quilt is outstanding!

Debbi
dubiquilts

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you develop the idea for the women in the quilts to be looking away from the viewer of the quilts? I think its very clever and I've enjoyed looking at them.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home