Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Energy

This morning I have felt quite lethargic. I slept in. That is if you can call the eye-popping state of wakefulness that assaulted me at 4:30. Maybe I should have tried to go back to sleep, but I know that rarely works for me and so I have been dragging myself around the house. The first order of business was to make the coffee. I am on cup number three and I am still waiting for the caffeine to kick in.

Or maybe I am just conserving energy for the Greater Chicago Quilt Exposition. I will be there with the Alzheimer’s Quilts and to see the rest of the show of course. I really like attending these types of events. I always come away with a few new thoughts and ideas. And along with those new ideas I normally get a burst of energy and a desire to spend every moment creating new work. It should be a lot of fun. I promise to give you all a report.

In the interim I will leave you with a picture of my February Journal Quilt. I had been looking at the designs on Mexican tiles. While I like the designs the colors are a little over the top for me. So I got to thinking about what colors I would use if I were to create my own “Mexican” tile. The result was a bit of a surprise.

Thoughts give birth to a creative force that is neither elemental nor sidereal. Thoughts create a new heaven, a new firmament, a new source of energy, from which new arts flow. When a man undertakes to create something, he establishes a new heaven, as it were and from it the work that he desires to create flows into him. For such is the immensity of man that he is greater than heaven and earth. —Philipus Aureolus Paracelsus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home