Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Two Fer

Well finally! I have been trying for hours to get these two pictures to upload to Blogger. I suppose that this is just one more example of the fact that persistence pays off.

There are lots of things going on in the quilt world. The 2006 Winners in Quilts: A World of Beauty have been announced and you can see pictures of them at the IQA link. How I wish I were Houston bound this week, but alas it was not meant to be. I had thought that this would be a wonderful year to attend, what with some of my work being included in the FFAC, the Show of Hands Exhibit, having a piece included in the Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts which will be for sale and of course the Journal Quilt Project and the inclusion of one of my journal quilts in the new book "Creative Quilting: The Journal Quilt Project" which is due in to Houston any day now. But instead I am stuck in Chicago.

That is really ok because I have a dose of quilts coming to a convention hall near me soon. "Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece" exhibit will be showing at the Greater Chicago Quilt Exposition in Schaumburg November 9-12. I will be there white gloving most of the weekend, but my “Official” time will be Saturday November 11 from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. If you are in the area plan to stop by.


So this was my creation for the June 2005 journal quilts. It is fine for what it is, but it leaves me thinking…. So what?


And this is what the muse offered up for July of 2005. I actually like this one better in person than it shows in this photo and in some weird way I think it sort of works with the theme that I had going on. I really like the juxtaposition of the peachy orange color with the blue. I have more of the background fabric and I since I had used almost all of the floss that used to quilt this with I went out and bought more to match so that I can get a larger piece made up that is loosely based on this attempt. Everything that we do has something to teach us.

It has been my experience that one cannot, in any shape or form, depend on human relations for lasting reward. It is only work that truly satisfies. —Bette Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home