Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Superb Sunday

Much to my surprise today has ended up being very productive. So far I have managed to get two loads of dishes in and out of the dishwasher and scrubbed the counters and cabinets, I have finished six loads of laundry, loaded a quilt on the machine, did some fabric painting, went grocery shopping-a task I normally loath, replaced a button that fell off my blouse, got caught up on reading all of my email and fixed myself a nice dinner of seared ahi tuna with wild rice and lemon sauce. I guess the only thing that I am missing today was the wasabi. I live for days like today. Perhaps the tasks of today went so smoothly because the sun was shinning, or maybe it was only because the planets were properly aligned. Whatever the reason, today was a good day.

The quilt that I loaded on the machine today is a new one. I finished completing the top last weekend, but didn’t have a clue on how I was going to quilt. But a flash of inspiration came to me last night as I was falling asleep. Loading it was enough for today; I will start the actual quilting on it tomorrow.

Here is the last of the 2005 Journal quilts.

August left me feeling rather cold. Ho hum.

September was meant to imitate a tortoise shell. While I still see that influence there, every time I look at this piece I see joy. The placement of the shapes within the piece suggest an exuberance that wells up from deep inside of you and often comes as a surprise.

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. —Sir William Osler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home