Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Walking the Path

As I promised in my last post here is a photo of a new piece. It was mostly finished towards the end of December, but it still needed some blocking and it still is in want of a title and the requisite label. I have no idea what to call it. This piece is a bit of a departure for me and mostly made itself without any input from me.

I think that is the part I like most about making something. When things are going right the art springs from some deep magical well and requires no input from the conscience mind. It is that elusive state that drives me to continue and move on to the next piece and the next and the next.

And so today despite the more mundane things that are required of me, I will be making the time to search for that elusive place where creation is effortless.

There's a difference between knowing the Path and walking the Path. —Andy and Larry Wachowski

2 Comments:

Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Great Job! Love the colors.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the quilting, very nice feathers, and the top also is gorgeous.
I added your blog into my blogroll, a large list of quilting blogs.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home