Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rememberance Postcards

Sometimes decisions are easily made. That is what happened in my search for what to work on next and now I have another project done.

In the last year there seems to have been an increase in the number of family and friends who have had to battle cancer. This last week the number that have succumbed to this disease rose to four. Sending flowers somehow seems insufficient. Then events conspired, the planets aligned and in the text of a single email I knew what I wanted to do.

In April of 2005 Virginia Spiegel started a little project in hopes of raising $90 for the American Cancer Society by making and selling fabric postcards. With the help of a lot of donations, Karey Bresenhan, and a booth at International Quilt Festival in Houston this past November, Fiberart For A Cause has raised over $33,000 to date. The email I received was a reminder that Virginia is going to try this again at International Quilt Festival in Chicago, which will run April 7-9.

Here are the results.




I will be donating these to Fiberart For A Cause in remembrance of Doug Huff, Pat Huff, George Atwood and Richard Abbott.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that is so nice to see that you are dedicating those Fiberart cards to those ppl. I am sure that they are very impressed by your gesture. Keep up the good work.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that dedication to my Dad. It is so very nice of you, and it means a lot to me. I also appreciate the dedication to D's dad. You are very sweet to do this. Hopefully it helps raise more money and attention to the American Cancer Association.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home