Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

More Good News

Yesterday in my mailbox I got some more good news. Yep that’s right Ami has managed to get out another article about the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative. This one is in the current (Summer 2007) issue of American Quilter, which is published by AQS. The article is very well written and features pictures of five quilts from the exhibit. One of the featured quits happens to be mine. Ok I will admit that I am just a bit over the moon that out of all the touching and meaningful quilts in the exhibit they decided to include mine in the article.

If you are out and about be sure to pick up a copy and please, please, please, consider heading over to Ami’s site see how you might be able to help raise funds for Alzheimer’s research.

Those whom we support hold us up in life. —Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda - I still always think of you as "Linda Jo" since I think of my sister as being Linda! I bought a copy of the Alzheimer's book - what an incredibly moving masterpiece. I can't count how many times I had to stop for a while because I was crying too much to read through the tears. I am so proud of you - the quilt you made of your grandmother is so wonderful. I printed a picture of it to carry in my quilting box. I have been making more quilts. Mine are all by hand-it is too hard in our little house to have room to keep a sewing machine up. And sewing by hand is such therapy for me. I remember going to Helping Hand with Grandma Loucks at the church when I was a child. I guess we just get these things in our blood. I hope everything is ok - it is July & your last post was in May! From your cousin Donna (Esther's kid)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home