Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spring Fever

With the change of the season here it has become increasingly difficult to stay inside. This sort of weather just begs for a road trip. So my friend Judy and I set out. Destination: Judy’s Quilt and Sew in Hampshire, IL. Now I have to admit that I have known about the existence of this shop for several years, but somehow I have just never managed to get out there. I guess that is the danger when you have so many quilt shop within easy driving distance… you tend to overlook a few.

Any way, Judy’s Quilt and Sew is a really cute shop and I managed to get into some trouble there. You see about a year or so ago I was over at Michael’s and as I was digging through one of the sales bins I found some outrageous trims for about a buck each. I bought them without a clue as to what I might ever do with them, brought them home where they sat in a dark corner.

They came back to haunt me at the quilt shop, whispering in my ear that they wanted some new friends to play with. Oh the guilt! How could I have let them languish for so long in the dark so alone. At least I could buy them some new playmates to hang out with. So here is a part of my purchase.

And here are the new friends. Don’t they play so nicely with one another?

My friend Judy of course made a very sensible purchase. On a beautiful spring day with the temperature near 80, she bought mounds of flannel.

A little Madness in the Spring Is wholesome even for the King.—Emily Dickinson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home