Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Picture This

Good news all around this morning. I got an email in the last few days that said the postcard I sent out to Tucson has sold. WOW! That really made my day. Whoever you are… Thank you. This just encourages me to do more.

Ok I know you all want to see pictures, so with out any further ado….

This is my friend’s quilt. Jon was brave enough to ask me to machine quilt it for her. This thing is big and I don’t have anywhere in the house to hang it so I can get a picture of the whole thing. But I think you get the idea. She did a really lovely job on this quilt and I like it a lot. But what I like most about this quilt is that I don’t have to do the binding!


Next because I had some extra muslin backing at the end of her quilt I stuck on a couple of baby quilts. They are nothing special, just some squares left over from some long ago project that I threw together. Need to finish the bindings on these two.


Following my current mantra that “Finished is good”. I found another scrap of muslin and got this one finished too. Well, all finished except for the binding.


Then a few weeks ago I got a call from mom asking me to make up some new towel tops for her since hers had all seen better days. She said that I could do them in my spare time. WHAT??? Well after some looking around I found out that I needed to buy some yarn for this project. I lucked out and JoAnn’s had one of those big skeins of yarn on sale. Bought that on the 23rd. What you see here is just a sampling; I have finished nineteen (19) from that one skein. That should keep mom happy for a while.



Last but not least I made up these little buggers for my May Journal quilt. Yes I made more than the five you see here. I made close to 100 of these teeny tiny little ribbon roses. They measure about 3/8 of an inch across and just about drove me mad. The funny thing is that they are not even the focus of the quilt. I have to get the last bits done on that today. Best get busy.

Begin -- to begin is half the work, let half still remain; again begin this, and thou wilt have finished. --Ausonius

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

You're quite prolific, aren't you?

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda, that looks fabulous!!! Love the quilting......can hardly wait to see it in hand.. the binding will NOT be a problem!!! You did a great job! Those baby quilts are nice too. (hope you aren't trying to tell us something hehe) hugs, Jon

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home