Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Binding Bane

I have been working my fingers to the bone…quite literally. Seems that all I have done in the last week is sew bindings, sew bindings, and sew bindings. And when I am done sewing bindings I get the incredible pleasure of sewing sleeves. Can you tell that I am not particularly enamored with doing bindings? Truth is, I detest doing bindings. While I was doing is mind-numbing work I had plenty of time to consider why I do them. The bottom line seems to be that I like how they look when they are done.

The good news is that the three pieces that I completed last week now all have their bindings sewn on and they all have sleeves attached, except for the tile quilt. I am still looking at which way that one goes.

I thought I would be smart and load a small wall hanging and get that quilted. By small I mean that this quilt measures 43.5” square. This top is one that I put together a couple of years ago. I was acting as a guinea pig, ah, or should I say pattern tester, for my friend Jon in Oklahoma. She had worked up a pattern design she calls StarBurst Delight as a mystery quilt. The pattern worked up great as you can see.


This top represents a lot of things that I don’t normally do. First and foremost, it is a mystery quilt and I don’t normally do those, but then I will do anything for Jon. Then it is low contrast, it has a LOT of purple in it and the fabrics are busy. Even with all of those strikes against it, I like the quilt… must be the wine.

The thing that I forgot about is that when I got done quilting it I would have another binding to do!

Remember this-that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed in the performance of every act of life. —Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great Linda! Thanks for sharing it. Jon

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home