Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Laundry List

I can’t believe that I haven’t posted in a week. But I guess it is because I have been busy with my long list of to-do, trying to get them ta-done. So I thought that I would share some of that list with you.

With the help of a soldering iron, April’s Journal quilt is now officially finished. Just need to get a couple of pictures taken. May’s Journal quilt is at the halfway point. If I don’t have to stop and paint any more fabric it just might be done by the end of the week.

I also managed to wash and press ten yards of muslin that will be the backing fabric for a friends quilt. Ran the seam down the back only to discover that the muslin had shrunk 3” in the width, which made it too short for its intended purpose. I fought the urge to wad the whole thing up and throw it in the trash. Instead I spread it out neatly and calmly walked away for a bit. That turned out to be a good thing to do, because while under the weather the other day, in my delirium, I came up with a way to salvage the backing and make it work. The first thing I did when I thought I could manage to make it down the stairs was to go measure everything again, and the good news is that it will work. That puppy is getting loaded today.

More good news: The Creative Hands exhibit will be accepting hands through the summer. So now there really is no excuse not to get a hand made and sent in. More info can be found here.

More good news: Tohono Chul Park postcard exhibit is now online and they are offering a catalog of the postcards for the small fee of $15. Be sure to check that out.

I don't like the sound of all those lists he's making - it's like taking too many notes at school; you feel you've achieved something when you haven't. —Dodie Smith

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool, Linda!!! That Tohono Chul Park exhibit is huge!!! I even saw YOUR card... thanks for sharing that. And I won't tell, if you won't, that is was MY quilt that gave you the backing problem LOL Jon

11:57 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

10 yards! I'm cringing just thinking about ironing all of that, lol. I'll check out your postcard online. Cool!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home