Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cooking With Gas

It is amazing what can happen when I am allowed to work! I had planned to spend some quality time with the monster downstairs and I finally got my opportunity. So, here is what I have managed to get done in the last couple of days.
This piece is a pre-printed panel that was lying around. It was obvious that some of the quilting lines will never wash out, but it made a good practice piece. I practiced some of my stippling on this one. The binding is sewn down on the front, just need to finish sewing it to the back.

This piece was nothing more than a bunch a scraps from another project that I sewed together. In keeping with the theory that done and ready to go to a new home is better than unfinished and taking up room on my shelf, I loaded this and just did some easy quilting. Again, the binding is sewn to the front and still needs to be sewn to the back.


This piece I have been calling my tile quilt. The inspiration for it came from looking at a bunch of Mexican tiles. Here is the thing. I really like the designs on Mexican tiles, but I don’t really care for the colors. The little voice in my head told me to make them in colors that I do like. What an inspiration! So this got loaded on the monster and quilted too. Well mostly. The center of this piece is hand quilted with some metallic floss and some shiny rayon thread. The binding on this one is mostly done. I only need to finish sewing down one side on the back.

This leads me to a dilemma. In all the time that I have had my long arm, I have not named her. I know that many people name their long arms right way. She is a bit of a monster; the table alone is 14 feet long. But somehow, calling her a monster isn’t really nice. I thought about calling her Bertha the Behemoth but she is not really a Bertha and that name just seems rude. Suggestions?

I have big plans for the rest of the week. There is a quilt show to visit and work to be done on the never-ending to-do list. Today’s plan is all about bindings.

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. —Peter Drucker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home