Name:
Location: Algonquin, Illinois, United States

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Break





Spring Break and other people’s agendas have had a negative effect on my list of things to do this week. They don’t seem so to understand that this is not play or even work that I need to do. Somehow this thing I do, transcends those nice descriptive words. There seems to be some forceful hand planted firmly between my shoulder blades. It drives me forward. Driven. There is a word. I seem to get mighty testy with these annoying pit stops everyone says I need to make. Even so I have managed to make some progress. I am just not where I expected to be by today.

The fabrics in the pictures are what I have been painting this week. One of them is the piece that I started last week and didn’t like. I was about halfway though the painting process on the other pieces and I had a glob of paint on my pallet that I didn’t’ want to waste. I saw the ugly thing lying there and decided that I couldn’t make it any worse so I wet it down and applied the remaining paint. The funny thing is that final layer did the trick. I now like it much better.

One of the pieces you see will be the background fabric for my March Journal quilt. Speaking of the March Journal quilt, I figured out what the image is going to be on Wednesday night. Just as I was falling asleep it came to me. I grabbed my sketchbook that was lying on the bed beside me and flipped on the light. I laid down a rough sketch and made some notations. I don’t even remember turning out the light before I was asleep. The next morning I was rather taken aback… the drawing was 90% there. It only needed a few minor corrections. I think I need to draw in my sleep more often!

One of the pieces that I painted will end up being skin. I did that on the spur of the moment without a lot of thought and I am pleased with how it turned out.

In my last post I talked about the work that has been banging around and pushing at every corner of my brain. It desires to be released. Another of the pieces pictured was an experiment that has allowed another puzzle piece to fall into place. I think I need to place a fabric order and run through the list of paint colors that I will need and get those ordered and there are some other supplies I will need. Time to make a list I see. As soon I can clear my list of a few more things I will start work on the cartoon.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. —William Blake

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

Oooo...the colors are so soft. I really like them.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home